- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 months ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 months ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 5 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 5 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 5 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 5 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 5 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 7 months ago
18 Million Devices Running iOS 6 Visited Cydia before Evasi0n’s Slay: Saurik
We have already described that evasi0n iOS 6.x untethered jailbreak tool has proved the most popular jailbreak of all time in iOS users. Previously many statistics about evasi0n have revealed that millions of folks used it as a fantastic tool to jailbreak their devices on iOS 6.x untethered since its release from Feb. 04 this year. But Apple patched this evasi0n jailbreak tool in its latest iOS 6.1.3 update it released yesterday.
Cydia is the most popular third party platform for downloading a number of useful apps for iOS devices, but only on jailbroken ones. Now Saurik, Jay Freeman, reveals eye popping stats about evasi0n. According to him, over 18 million unique iPhones, iPads and iPod touches, running iOS 6.x version visited Cydia during the 6-week lrun of evasi0n jailbreak tool.
Forbes cites Saurik for following notes;
“In the six weeks since evasi0n was released, however, close to 18 million devices have already been jailbroken, according to data from Jay Freeman, the administrator of the Cydia app store for jailbroken devices. He says he’s counted 18.2 million unique devices running iOS 6 visiting Cydia, including 13.8 million iPhones, 3.4 million iPads, and 1.1 million iPod Touches.”
Of course, only evasi0n could not be the only tool responsible to jailbreak all 18 million iOS devices due to the presence of Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze like jailbreak tools those have ability to jailbreak older devices running iOS 6. But still one can easily predict that evasi0n has jailbroken more than 16-17 million devices and it is yet quite striking figure as previously most anticipated jailbreak tool JailbreakMe 3 by Comex which was used for jailbreaking about 02 million devices during its short life span of only 09 days as Apple patched it with the release of iOS 4.3.4 update at that time.
The evasi0n jailbreak succeeded to got a life of about one and half months and it faced 02 major software updates by Apple.
But Apple finally killed evasi0n by patching several exploits used in this hack. Apple, however, acknowledged evad3rs efforts to find exploits in the iOS 6 firmware as 4 out of 6 security fixes in iOS 6.1.3 update were credited to the evad3rs.