- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 weeks ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 weeks ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 4 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 4 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 4 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 4 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 4 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 6 months ago
Anonymous’ Guy Fawkes Mask Boosts Up Time Warner Revenues!
Anonymous is a well known group of hackers famous for its top level hacks of the sites related to Iranian government and theChurchofScientologyalong with some global corporations like Visa, MasterCard. The members of this group always wear an attractive mask whenever they come in public for protesting against censorship, corruption or other social evils. In fact, the mask used by the Anonymous is made up of plastic and it is actually the mask of Guy Fawkes- a 17th-century Englishman who tried to explode the Houses of Parliament.
Stark white, with blushed pink cheeks, a wide grin and a thin black mustache and goatee, the mask resonates with the hackers because it was worn by a rogue anarchist challenging an authoritarian government in “V for Vendetta,” the movie produced in 2006 by Warner Brothers.
However, a few people know the fact that Time Warner, the most popular media company and the parent of Warner Brothers, owns the rights of this mask since the company is paid a licensing fee with the sale of each mask.
As told earlier, Anonymous hackers always like to wear the same mask when they protest outside of Scientology buildings.
So, they also wore it during a fleeting protest this month inSan Franciscoof the Bay Area Rapid Transit’s decision to discontinue cell service to spoil an earlier protest inside train stations.
“It’s a symbol of what Anonymous stands for, of fighting evil governments,” said one of the mask-wearers at that protest. The Anonymous member declined to share his name, noting that the entire concept of the mask was to remain anonymous. “You can get a mask and join the fight, too! But I heard the costume store is sold out until Friday,” he said.
No doubt, Anonymous has used this mask on so many events and protests that now the mask has become one of the trendiest disguises, as it has been figured out by the fact that Time Warner has earned a pretty amount of $28 billion in revenue, last year. Not only this won, the mask has out classed the masks of Batman, Harry Potter and Darth Vander on Amazon.com.
Howard Beige, executive vice president of Rubie’s Costume, aNew York costume company that produces the mask, explains;
“We sell over 100,000 of these masks a year, and it’s by far the best-selling mask that we sell. In comparison, we usually only sell 5,000 or so of our other masks.The Vendetta mask, which sells for about $6 at many retailers, is made in Mexico or China.”
Mr. Beige said he did not know why the mask was so popular until recently. “We just thought people liked the ‘V for Vendetta’ movie. Then one morning I saw a picture of these protesters wearing the mask in an online news article,” he said. “I quickly showed my sales manager.”
Notably, Guy Fawkes is infamous in theUnited States. On the other hand inBritain, holiday is celebrated on Nov. 5 or Guy Fawkes Day to pay tribute to him on the foiling of his antigovernment plot for which he had to see the face of death.