- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 weeks ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 weeks ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 4 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 4 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 4 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 4 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 4 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 6 months ago
Apple 64 GB Next Generation iPhone 5 to Get 24nm Toshiba SmartNAND Flash Memory
The rumors dancing on tech floors on the lyrics of Apple Next Generation iPhone 5 now include another beat; Toshiba SmartNAND- Toshiba’s next-generation 24-nanometer (nm) NAND Flash Memory which has just been announced by Toshiba.
The SmartNand Memory series incorporates leading-edge 24nm process NAND flash technology with a control chip to support ECC (Error Correction Code) and it is available in storage capacities ranging from 4 to 64 GB.
Toshiba’s new SmartNAND 24nm Flash Memory is a true alternate of existing 32nm generation devices. It is much efficient than its other competitors due to its most advanced technology which provides a faster read and write speeds and enhances overall performance in combination of its faster controller and internal interface.
SmartNAND Flash Memory has been well optimized to achieve design objectives. It also supports a range of read and write speeds including four read modes and two write modes accordingly.
At present, preview models of new SmartNAND Flash Memory by Toshiba are available while its production at large scale will start in 2Q of current fiscal year 2011.
Mass production of the 24nm SmartNAND Flash Memory of 64 GB capacity is not possible till third quarter of 2011; that is why iPhone 5 would be launched in upcoming fall, as most tech sites are arguing.