- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 months ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 months ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 5 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 5 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 5 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 5 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 5 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 7 months ago
Apple Contacts Suppliers for Introducing 8-inch Mini iPad to Counter Kindle Fire!
An iPad Mini is one of the biggest predictions the tech experts have been continuously describing about. Now a latest report from The Wall Street Journal reveals that Apple is already in contacts with suppliers to design and build a smaller iPad carrying an 8 inch display contrary to 9.7 inch display the iPad 2 has. Apple’s plan for launching a small sized iPad seems to counter the popularity of 7 inch Kindle Fire from Amazon with a very reasonable price tag of $199.
Officials at some of Apple’s suppliers, who declined to be named, said the Cupertino, Calif.-based company has shown them screen designs for a new device with a screen size of around 8-inches, and said it is qualifying suppliers for it. Apple’s latest tablet, the iPad 2, comes with a 9.7-inch screen. It was launched late last year.
One person said the smaller device will have a similar resolution screen as the iPad 2. Apple is working with screen makers including Taiwan-based AU Optronics Co. and LG Display Co. of South Korea to supply the test panels, the person said.
However, the report also clarifies that Apple’s contacts with suppliers on testing new designs with smaller form factor shouldn’t be considered to have an essential outcome, Apple can still decide to not to introduce a smaller iPad to market.
The report cites Steve Jobs in this regard who believed that a 9.7-inch display for an iPad is the optimum size which looks appropriate with maximum usability. He said that after playing with various form factors for iPad tablets, finally this was the size which meets Apple’s requirements- stylish, good looking and handiest.
As described in the beginning of this post, an iPad Mini has been rumored a number of times along with the some speculations for different form factors tested by Apple for its iPad line of product. Those all rumors suggested a 7.85 inch iPad Mini which might be delivered by Apple in this year at any suitable time.
We have already posted the mockups and a PDFs demo on how an iPad Mini would look alike in the hand of users with a smaller form factor.
The Mini iPad will be a clever move by Apple; as the upcoming iPad 3 would surely have high resolution retina display, Apple can shift the current iPad’s 1024×768 resolution to the Mini iPad that will be quite compatible with all existing iPad apps.