- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 weeks ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 weeks ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 4 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 4 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 4 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 4 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 4 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 6 months ago
Apple to Drop 17 inch Macbook Pro from its Product Lineup: Research Analyst
It was already being speculated by many tech analysts that Apple is going to drop the production of 17 inc Macbook Pro for the last few months, now a well known research analyst Ming-Chi Kuo predicts that Apple is planning to drop 17 inch Macbook Pro from its product lineup. He declared his prediction in a new research note published today. He also added that Apple is doing so due to weak sales of 17 inch Macbook Pros.
Kuo’s prediction seems well alighn with the reports describing that Apple is planning to launch new hybrid notebooks those would be the fine blend of existing MacBook Air and MacBook Pro models. The new Macbooks would offer highly enhanced power than Airs and more portability than Pros.
Apple’s Mac business in 2Q12 will be boosted by several factors. Three of which are: (1) Mountain Lion, which integrates iOS features with Mac OS, Apple TV’s interaction function, will be launched in June; (2) upgrading to Ivy Bridge; and (3) back-to-school demand. We forecast Apple will sell 5.32mn units of the Mac series (up 28.5% QoQ and 35.2% YoY) in 2Q12, making it the main growth driver.
We also predict Apple will roll out a fully new MacBook model in early 3Q12, boasting strong performance and easy carryability by combining the advantages of MacBook Air and MacBook Pro.
While adding new products, Apple is likely to stop making the 17” MacBook Pro this year due to falling shipments, in order to maintain a lean product line strategy.
Kuo’s estimated that Apple has sold out about 3.1 million notebooks in Q1 2012 and half of them were the 13-inch MacBook Pros. It depicts that 13-inch Macbook Pro is the best-selling Mac product so far. On the other hand, the sale of 15 inch & 13 inch Macbook Pro models is predicted up to only 500,000 & 50,000 respectively.
We think if Kuo’s predictions are true, then Apple has sold reason to drop 17 inch Macbook Pro model from its Mac product line. Moreover, if the new Macbook coming this year is really a blend of Air and Pro, then there is no logic to continue the production of 17 inch Macbook Pro that is already showing poor sales performance in laptop Market.