- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 3 weeks ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 3 weeks ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 3 weeks ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 4 weeks ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 4 weeks ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 1 month ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 1 month ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 3 months ago
- Evad3rs Starts Work to Jailbreak iOS 7 Untethered on iPhone 5S/5: PlanetbeingPosted 3 months ago
- Important Highlights of Apple iPhone Media Event 2013Posted 3 months ago
Apple Files Lawsuit against Samsung Blaming Samsung Galaxy S Phone & Tab as Copies of iPhone & iPad
Apple has filed a lawsuit against Samsung blaming that Samsung is coping their technology and interface (incorporated in their iPhones & iPad tablets) in its Android powered Samsung Galaxy S phones and Tablets. Interestingly, Apple is the biggest consumer of Samsung products including displays & semiconductors for its iOS devices-iPhone, iPad, & iPod touch.
In response, Samsung reacted in a very hard and harsh tone against Apple on its deed of dragging Samsung in the courts on patent infringement issues and expressed its determination to react strongly this time.
The Galaxy Tab has it’s design taken from the iPad from the aspect ratio, rectangular shape, rounded corners and similar black border, almost everything has been influenced from Apple’s iPad. Since the Galaxy Tab is made to cater almost the same market users who prefer using Android as an OS, I think Samsung did get influenced but “copied” is a little too harsh a word. “Samsung’s Galaxy Tab computer tablet also slavishly copies a combination of several elements of the Apple Product Configuration Trade Dress.
An Apple spokesman told ;
It’s no coincidence that Samsung’s latest products look a lot like the iPhone and iPad, from the shape of the hardware to the user interface and even the packaging.. This kind of blatant copying is wrong, and we need to protect Apple’s intellectual property when companies steal our ideas.
Samsung responds abruptly in hard language on Apple’s lawsuit against it;
Apple is one of our key buyers of semiconductors and display panels. However, we have no choice but respond strongly this time.