- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 months ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 months ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 5 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 5 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 5 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 5 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 5 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 7 months ago
Apple Patches iPad 2 Jailbreak Exploit in iOS 4.3.1! Confirmed
Apple has just patched Comex’s kernel exploit starting from iOS 4.3.1 used to jailbreak iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.1. It has been confirmed in a recent tweets chain by Comex himself on twitter. If you don’t know Comex; the famous iPhone developer and hacker generally known for his userland based fine jailbreak tools Spirit and JailbreakME. Apple has previously patched Limera1n & SHAtter in its latest iPad 2tablet.
iOS 4.3.1 is the most recent update of Apple’s iOS 4.3 and Comex’s kernel exploit was a fine tool to jailbreak iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.1. It was definitely BGR which reported it first that Apple will bring iOS 4.3.1 to patch the vulnerability used to jailbreak iPad 2 running iOS 4.3. It is really salty that Comex exploit was running right from the iOS 4 release of older iOS 4.0.2 till the recent one-iOS 4.3.
Now the only hope left for jailbreaking community is an untether exploit discovered in iOS 4.3 (by another jailbreaker and computer freak Stefen Esser) that is still existing in the recent iOS 4.3.1.
If you are newbie stepping to jailbreak arena; you can read our step-by-step easy to follow guides in our Jailbreak category to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on various iOS devices- iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV for both Windows and Mac users.