- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 1 week ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 weeks ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 4 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 4 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 4 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 4 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 4 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 6 months ago
Apple Releasing Thinner Macbook Pro with Retina Display & USB 3.0 in June-July
Apple’s well anticipated and much rumored thinner 15 inch Macbook Pro seems to be launched in near future as many tech sites are now reporting a lot on the new device. Now 9to5Mac reports by citing its reliable source, who has played with prototype casing and other components of the upcoming machine, Apple’s upcoming 15 inch thinner Macbook Pro will be equipped with Retina Display and USB 3.0.
Moreover, the most remarkable change for new Pro is the design of the machine; the new Macbook Pro would be incredibly thinner than the current one since it will come without optical drive. However, the new Pro will not acquire the tapered shape of the Macbook Air as much speculated earlier……..it would be a thinner Macbook Pro only.
While many have speculated that the new 15-inch MacBook Pro will pickup the design from the late-2010/mid-2011 MacBook Air, sources familiar with the prototype units say that this is untrue. Instead, the new 15-inch MacBook Pro is described as being an ultra-thin version of the current MacBook Pro. Basically, the prototype design is a thinner, yet more robust, version of the late-2008 design. It has no tapering like the MacBook Airs.
The source also claimed that the casing of the imminent MacBook Pro reportedly includes ports for the MagSafe power connector, two USB ports, and audio in/out jacks along the left side, with a battery level indicator also included along the same side. While, on right side, the machine casing has a pair of Thunderbolt ports, another USB port, an SD card slot, and a Kensington lock slot.
However, a dedicated Ethernet port is missing. It seems that Apple likely removed the port for making new Pro more slim and chic in design and appearance. Another big miss in new Macbook Pro is the FireWire connectivity, though it’s not totally sure at this stage.
Another most powerful development in the features of thinner Macbook Pro is its Retina Display screen previously much rumored in tech reports and hinted in the recent builds of OS X Lion and Mountain Lion. The report’s source further points out that OS X will simply present a set of resolution quality options for the new Pro (“such as big, small, or optimal”) for users to benefit from this new “HiDPI” support to pick their preferred combination of sharpness and resolution.
The report further indicates that the USB ports on the new MacBook Pro will support USB 3.0, a feature hinting to the Apple’s aim for adopting Thunderbolt connectivity.
We think new 15 inch thinner Macbook Pro is imminent to be launched as it seems no hurdle in their way now; Intel’s Ivy Bridge has been already released. We hope that Apple would likely prefer to introduce the next machines in their Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC-2012) just four weeks away, although the company traditionally avoids saying something about hardware and focuses on the features of iOS and OS X firmware only. Briefly, the new Macbook Pro 2012 will hit the shelves in June-July time-frame.