- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 3 weeks ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 3 weeks ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 3 weeks ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 3 weeks ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 3 weeks ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 4 weeks ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 4 weeks ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 3 months ago
- Evad3rs Starts Work to Jailbreak iOS 7 Untethered on iPhone 5S/5: PlanetbeingPosted 3 months ago
- Important Highlights of Apple iPhone Media Event 2013Posted 3 months ago
BOM for 32 GB New iPad (4G LTE) Estimated at $364.35!
The bill of material (BOM) for 32 GB new iPad with 4G LTE connectivity has been estimated at $364.35 while BOM of its 16GB 4G LTE model amounts to $347.55, and for the 64GB with integrated LTE is estimated at $397.95/ These all estimations of BOMs for new iPad models have been carried out by iHS iSuppli.
The $364.35 BOM represents 50 percent of the $729.00 retail price of the 32GB LTE version of the new iPad. The very lowest-end version of the new iPad, with 16GB memory and no LTE, carries a combined BOM and manufacturing cost of $316. The highest-end model, with 64GB memory and integrated LTE, has a total BOM and manufacturing expense of $408.70.
The site explains that these are only preliminary estimated BOMs for new iPad and include only the expenditures Apple bears on its hardware and manufacturing, excluding all other expenses like software, licensing, royalties or other expenditures.
The site also claims that Apple has to spend more bucks on the production of new iPad than its successor-iPad 2 at even though there is no change in its retail price points for various models.
BOM for 32GB LTE model is about 9% higher than an iPad 2 coming with 32GB and 3G wireless, which carried a cost of approximately $335 at its debut. This rise in bills of the material for all 3 models is simply due to addition of some striking features like ultra high-resolution Retina display, LTE wireless, A5X Processor and a 5 Megapixel rear camera.
Though Apple and Samsung are engage in the biggest tech war of tech history over patent issues, Samsung is still the leading supplier with a 30.2 percent share of the 32GB LTE iPad’s bill of materials.