- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 weeks ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 weeks ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 4 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 4 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 4 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 4 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 4 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 6 months ago
Develop Kinect Apps to Win $20000 from Microsoft and TechStars! The Kinect Accelerator
The Kinect Accelerator is the coolest startup incubator program ever just offered by Microsoft and TechStars which provides an excellent opportunity to techies for winning pretty $20000 from developing Kinect Apps for them.
The details of the Kinect Accelerator program read that once you have been selected as a Xbox Kinect App developer in this program, you would get $20,000, three months of free office space along with all the required technical tools to build Kinect apps, and a brilliant chance to present your apps at a demo day for investors and Microsoft execs.
If you are a developer or existing team/startup focused on building a business that takes advantage of the Kinect and Natural User Interface technologies, then the Kinect Accelerator is where you need to be. Through this program, Microsoft is supporting entrepreneurs, engineers and innovators like you to bring to life a wide range of business ideas that leverage the limitless possibilities Kinect enables. Following a competitive screening process, ten finalists will be chosen for this unique three month incubation program running from March to May, 2012 in Seattle, WA. The Kinect Accelerator is “powered by TechStars” using the same mentor-driven methodology pioneered and proven in New York, Boulder, Seattle and Boston. Mentors for the Kinect Accelerator include a broad base of entrepreneurs and venture capitalists in the industry as well as executives from Microsoft Studios, XBOX, Microsoft Research and other Microsoft organizations.
The program is being funded by TechStars while Microsoft is responsible for providing office space and technical tools. All the selected developers would have to move to Seattle and work there for the time span offered by the program.
Finally, it should be clear to you that this program is not belonging to Microsoft or anything like that, actually TechStars is taking a 6% equity stake in each participating company in this program.
First visit for full details in FAQ format, if agreed then Apply here!
For getting inspration and ideas to develop Xbox Kinect apps, watch out the video embedded below;