How to Downgrade from iOS 5.1.1 to iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone 4S and iPad 2 and iOS 5.1on iPad 3 (Tutorial)
iPhone Dev Team has just released an updated version of Redsn0w jailbreak tool as reported by their prominent member MuscleNerd a few hours ago. This update is surely the biggest and most important one since it enables you to downgrade the iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and the new iPad (iPad 3) to an earlier version of iOS 5 from iOS 5.1.1.
Through this particular Redsn0w update you can easily downgrade your A4-based devices without any mess, the only requirement is your SHSH blobs+APTicket saved on your PC or Mac, or even on Cydia.
Due to Apple’s most secure hardware arrangements, folks were unable to downgrade the iPhone 4S, the iPad 2 and the iPad 3, however, iPhone dev Team now comes to the front and pushes out its latest and significant update that makes you quite able to downgrade your devices to earlier iOS versions. It works seamlessly and without any trouble and even doesn’t require iTunes.
The most notable aspect of latest Redsn0w update is the fact that with the help of this update you can downgrade your iPhone 4S and iPad 2 from iOS 5.1.1 to iOS 5 that allows you to use Absinthe to untether jailbreak both iPhone 4S and iPad 2 on 5.0.1, but the third generation iPad can’t be downgraded beyond iOS 5.1, since it is the version of iOS it originally comes with. In other words iPad 3 with A5X processor is still not jailbreakable at this point.
Moreover, if you have already stored your SHSH blobs for the version of iOS you want to downgrade, only then you can proceed further for downgrading with latest Redsn0w update.
Now, just before starting the downgrading procedure, you are required to have the following things;
- An iPhone 4S, iPad 2 or iPad 3 with SHSH blobs saved on Cydia, PC or Mac.
- The latest version of Redsn0w [Windows/Mac]
- 30-pin USB connector cable.
- If you’re without blobs saved for the version of iOS you desire downgrade to, then don’t proceed further since saved blobs are the essential requirement for downgrade, Moreover, if you ever launched Cydia on iPhone 4S or iPad 2 while Apple was still signing iOS 5.0.1, then Cydia server could have automatically saved SHSH blobs for you.
- Another important thing to know is that the downgrade tutorial given below first upgrades your device to the latest IOS firmware version and eventually upgrades the baseband too. So all iPhone unlockers are advised to stay away from this downgrade procedure.
- This Redsn0w version is only for downgrading A5+ devices.
Let’s Follow for how to Downgrade iOS 5.1.1 To 5.0.1 On iPhone 4S, iPad 2, 5.1 On iPad 3 Using Redsn0w Update:
Now connect your iOS device to your PC or Mac via 30-pin USB cable.
Then, click on Extras.
A new screen will prompt in front of you, then click on Even More.
Now click on Restore.
Various options will appear on the screen; IPSW, Local and Remote. Click on IPSW, and point Redsn0w to the firmware file to which you want to downgrade to (download links to iOS 5.0.1). Redsn0w will then ask you for the stock iOS 5.1.1 firmware.
If you have your blobs stored on local PC or Mac, then just click on Local and point Redsn0w to the .plist file having the SHSH blobs for your device.
If you have saved your SHSH blobs on Cydia, then tap on Remote Redsn0w should automatically put your device into Recovery mode to bring back the required files from Cydia’s servers.
Just click Next.
Now Redsn0w will automatically stitch the SHSH blobs to the IPSW firmware file earlier provided by you, and then it will automatically restore to it. Now rest for a while, the process will take a few minutes depending on the specs of your computer or Mac.
Apple, iPad, iPhone, Jailbreak