- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 months ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 months ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 5 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 5 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 5 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 5 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 5 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 7 months ago
Download Redsn0w 0.9.8 to Jailbreak iOS 5 Tethered on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch: [How to Guide]
We have earlier reported timely that MuscleNerd of iPhone Dev Team had shown off the tethered jailbreak of iOS 5 Beta 1 on iPod touch. Now iPhone Dev Team exclusively updated their most popular jailbreak tool Redsn0w to v0.9.8 to jailbreak iOS 5 on iPhone 4/3GS, iPad and iPod touch 3G/4G. The new Redsn0w 0.9.8 has been released only for Mac and it is a tethered jailbreak, so you would have to connect your devices to a PC for turning it on, to reboot your devices in jailbroken state.
The folks who rely on a carrier unlock, should stay away from the latest Redsn0w 0.9.8 update, or the default iOS 5 firmware, otherwise it would break your unlock.
The list of devices supported by iPhone Dev Team’s latest Redsn0w 0.9.8 is given as;
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G
- iPad 1
- iPhone4 (GSM)
- iPhone4 (CDMA)
Here is a guide to jailbreak iOS 5 on iPhone 4/3Gs, iPad, iPod touch; follow its steps carefully to do it properly.
Download recently released iOS 5 Beat 1 version as per compatibility of your device, you must have a valid developer account with Apple to download it legally, though you can also download iOS 5 without developer account at your own risk of damage.
Now update or restore your device to iOS 5 with the help of iTunes 10.5 Beta.
Now Download the latest Redsn0w 0.9.8 update. Point Redsn0w to the iOS 5 Beta firmware.
Now you should check “Install Cydia”, for jailbreaking your devices as a priority along side other options you might use, then click “Next”.
You are almost near to jailbreak your devices on iOS 5 with Redsn0w 0.9.8. At this step, turn off your device before going ahead, however it should be kept plugged in otherwise the jailbreak would not work.
Now enter to DFU mode by following the instructions by the program.
Press and hold both your “Home” and “Power” button for 10 seconds, then release the “Power” button, but leave the “Home” button pressed for 10 more seconds,efficiently.
Now it is the time to relax a little bit as Redsn0w 0.9.8 performs the whole further process automatically without any manual interference. When the process would finish, you would got the clear notification, so be cool and enjoy.
We again remind you that it is a tethered jailbreak that would require you to connect your device to a PC running Redsn0w whenever you want to turn it on. For this purpose, launch Redsn0w and click on “Just boot tethered right now”. We know it is much annoying but we are sure that iPhone Dev Team would doing its best to reveal iOS 5 untethered jailbreak soon for all jailbreaking community.
Via: The iPhone Dev-Team