- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 months ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 months ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 5 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 5 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 5 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 5 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 5 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 7 months ago
Download Redsn0w 0.9.9b6 to Fix Location Services Issue for iPhone 3GS on 06.15 Baseband: Also Jailbreaks iOS 5 Tethered on Windows!
An updated version of Redsn0w 0.9.9b6 for tethered jailbreak of your iOS devices on final iOS 5 (Windows) is now available for download, just released by iPhone Dev Team, today. The Redsn0w 0.9.9b6 also fixes the significant Location Services issue for iPhone 3GS users running iPad’s 06.15.00 baseband.
Notably, this latest Redsn0w 0.9.9b6 version comes a week after the release of Redsn0w 0.9.9b5 for Mac users that was launched by iPhone Dev Team to jailbreak full and final public version of iOS 5 for first time.
Let’s know what is new in Redsn0w 0.9.9b6 for jailbreak community. The new 0.9.9b6 is not meant for the folks who are not using an iPhone 3GS with 06.15 baseband and have already jailbroken their device with Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze. Actually, the new version is a fix for iPhone 3GS’ users with 06.15 baseband which removes the network crash bug while using Location Services in iOS 5.
iPhone Dev-Team notes:
We’ve released version 0.9.9b6 of redsn0w, with both a functional fix and cosmetic fix for iOS5 jailbreakers. For iPhone3GS owners with the 06.15 baseband, this redsn0w eliminates the network crash you saw when using Location Services in iOS5 (in fact, you don’t even need to disable Location Services anymore during the initial setup). The cosmetic fix is to the visual countdown you see when going into DFU mode.
It’s okay to re-run this redsn0w over an existing device jailbroken at iOS5. Just choose “Jailbreak” again and de-select Cydia (in other words, all the checkboxes will be unchecked). If you are lucky enough to have an old-bootrom iPhone3GS, please pre-select the IPSW first (redsn0w can’t yet auto-detect the FW version of your old-bootrom 3GS if it’s already been jailbroken).
The folks should kept the fact in mind that iOS 5 jailbreak for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch is a tethered jailbreak at present, meaning that it requires connecting iOS device to a computer running Redsn0w whenever you power up the device i.e booting your device in a jailbroken state.
The new Redsn0w 0.9.9b6 does not support iPhone 4S and iPad 2 jailbreak. Also, yet the team not announced an exact date of realese for an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5. However, we expect that soon we will have untethered iOS 5 jailbreak as per the Chronic Dev-Team’s announcement at MyGreatFest and i0n1c’s recent tweets, describing iOS 5 untethered jailbreak is already done.
If you want to jailbreak your devices with Redsn0w 0.9.9b6, firstly download the new Redsn0w 0.9.9b6 from the links given below. Then follow our already written Redsn0w 0.9.9 jailbreak tutorial (proceed the tutorial from Step-2).
Here are the direct download links of Redsn0w 0.9.9b6 for both Windows and Mac users;