- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 3 weeks ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 3 weeks ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 3 weeks ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 4 weeks ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 4 weeks ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 1 month ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 1 month ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 3 months ago
- Evad3rs Starts Work to Jailbreak iOS 7 Untethered on iPhone 5S/5: PlanetbeingPosted 3 months ago
- Important Highlights of Apple iPhone Media Event 2013Posted 3 months ago
Dubious Report Claims a 4.6” Larger Screen on iPhone 5: 4” iPhone 5 Seems More Feasible!
A latest report from Reuters referring a South Korean newspaper claims; Apple is going to release its next generation iPhone-iPhone 5 with a 4.6 inch larger screen. A 4.6-inch screen appears considerably larger than the speculations and rumors those have earlier hit the tech surfaces suggesting a 4 inch larger screen for iPhone 5.
Apple has decided on the bigger 4.6-inch display for its next iPhone and started placing orders to its suppliers, the Maeil Business Newspaper said, quoting an unnamed industry source.
We think that 4 inch screen display for iPhone 5 is a convincing one and well aligned with some earlier reports those claim that Apple has already produce such larger screen prototype iPhones. Moreover, the continuous flow of news all pointing to an iPhone 5 with larger screen reflect that majority of tech experts and suppliers are also convinced with this suggestion.
Interestingly, such a 4.6 inch larger screen doesn’t meet the Steve Jobs’ own perception about Apple iPhones. He was a big critic of larger smartphones and according to his vision large sized mobiles kill the concept of easily pocketed and gripped handsets ……….and should fall into mini tablets. It is evident that under the Jobs’ leadership, Apple never thought to push out a large sized iPhone and has been continuously offering a 3.5 inch iPhone for the last four generations and the latest iPhone 4S also garbs the same size.
Here’s a comparison image between the 4.65″ Galaxy Nexus and the 3.5″ iPhone 4S just offered by The Verge.
So the suggestion of a 4.6 inch screen size for upcoming iPhone 5 seems quite dubious; however 4 inch iPhone 5 is still not totally out of question. Our belief is based on a report pushed by iLounge back in November in which they claimed that next iPad (latest new iPad) would be slightly thicker than iPad 2 and next generation iPhone 5 would come with a larger 4 inch screen scheduled for summer release. Their report for the release of a thicker new iPad has been found absolutely correct and accurate; so the other part of this report would also be proved correct, most likely.
Our source says that the next-generation iPhone will not look like the teardrop-shaped version that was widely rumored for release in 2011. We’ve been told that the device will have a 4-inch display and will be 8mm longer than before, with a metal casing (probably aluminum). It is on track to be introduced in summer of 2012, and is still in the engineering phase, not early production. We suspect that poor battery life doomed the prior prototype version, and that this one is being built with LTE-ready battery drain in mind.