- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 3 weeks ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 3 weeks ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 3 weeks ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 4 weeks ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 4 weeks ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 1 month ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 1 month ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 3 months ago
- Evad3rs Starts Work to Jailbreak iOS 7 Untethered on iPhone 5S/5: PlanetbeingPosted 3 months ago
- Important Highlights of Apple iPhone Media Event 2013Posted 3 months ago
Evasion Jailbreaks over 14 Million iOS Devices to Run Cydia on iOS 6.X: Saurik
iOS 6.x jailbreak evasi0n was the most anticipated and long awaited tool before its release and when evda3rs launched it a month ago evasi0n showed its worth and proved most popular jailbreak tool in the history of iOS jailbreaking. Within 10 minutes of its release it hit more than 100000 downloads, and after one days it had seen over 1.7 million downloads by jailbreak community.
Today, Cydia fame Saurik revealed another eye popping figure by disclosing that evasi0n jailbreak has jailbroken more than 14 million iOS devices to run Cydia on iOS 6.x. Pod2g (a prominent member of evad3rs team) picked the news and tweeted it for our pleasure;
Here’s Pod2g’s tweet revealing the new amazing statistics of evasi0n:
New statistic from @saurik: 14,051,500 unique devices have been seen running Cydia on iOS 6.x! 14 millions! and 23 millions any version.
— pod2g (@pod2g) March 2, 2013
No doubt, we have no tool to count and verify how many iOS devices have been jailbroken by evasi0n as other tools like RedSn0w and Sn0wbreeze are also capable to do so), but we’re much convinced that the number of devices jailbroken by evasion would really far more than others.
Apple launched its iOS 6 firmware to the public in September last year, and we didn’t find even a single word about its untethered jailbreak for about six months. When our hopes were almost going to die, evad3rs team came to help of jailbreak community with announcement that it would keenly work to explore exploits for jailbreaking iOS 6.x untethered.
As all know it well that evasi0n is a gift from evad3rs, a team consisting of famous iOS hackers MuscleNerd, pod2g, planetbeing and pimskeks. The hack is absolutely very intricate in its nature and Apple failed to patch evasi0n in its recent two iOS updates.
But unluckily, it seems that iOS 6.1.3 would patch evasi0n jailbreak as planet being has already confirmed that Apple has patched at least one of the exploits evasi0n uses in iOS 6.1.3, eventually going to fully demolish the jailbreak.
However, evad3rs team has some reserved exploits those could be used to jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 when Apple releases it to general public.