- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 months ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 months ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 5 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 5 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 5 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 5 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 5 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 7 months ago
Foxconn to Deploy 01 Million Robots to Cut Ever Rising Labor Costs!
According to a recent report by Xinhuanet; Foxconn is preparing to replace some of its employees with 1 million robots in the next o3 years to reduce ever rising labor costs and perk up efficiency. In April, it was Engadget that pointed toward it first that the robotic model FRIDA developed by ABB would likely deploy at Foxconn plant.
The robots will be used to do simple and routine work such as spraying, welding and assembling which are now mainly conducted by workers, said Gou
Foxconn is Apple’s major partner in manufacturing various parts of iPad, iPod touch and iPhone devices. However, the company is notorious enough for its worst working conditions that may be one of the key reason for series of suicides art the plant site.
The company currently owns 10,000 robots and feeds over 1.2 million people. At this stage, we have no information about number of jobs that would be replaced by the robots. However, it would be a deep shock for those unfortunate employees who would lose their jobs on employing robots at Foxconn plant.