- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 months ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 months ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 5 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 5 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 5 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 5 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 5 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 7 months ago
Fu Wins $10000 Prize by Downloading 25 Billionth App from App Store! Where’s My Water
Apple App Store has already hit the milestone of 25 billion downloads. Just a few days before achieving this record, Apple announced a prize of iTunes Gift Card worth $10,000 for the person who would download 25 billionth app from App Store. Today, Apple announced the winner of this first App Store promotion; Chunli Fu, is the luckiest iOS user from China who has won this massive prize by downloading “Where’s My Water” from App Store.
Actually, “Where’s My Water” is a free gaming app developed by Disney which has now become the 25th Billion App downloaded from the store.
“We’d like to thank our customers and developers for helping us achieve this historic milestone of 25 billion apps downloaded,” said Eddy Cue, Apple’s senior vice president of Internet Software and Services. “When we launched the App Store less than four years ago, we never imagined that mobile apps would become the phenomenon they have, or that developers would create such an incredible selection of apps for iOS users.”
According to Apple, App Store has more than 550,000 apps available for download for the folks living in 123 countries of the world. App Store offers 21 categories of apps at present. Moreover, Apple developers have earned over $4 billion as their 70% share of revenue from downloads of paid apps.