- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 weeks ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 weeks ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 4 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 4 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 4 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 4 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 4 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 6 months ago
Hackulous Repo Shuts Down: Piracy Apps ‘Installous’ and ‘AppSync’ Go Dead
Hackulous team today announced that they are shutting down their repo and are toppling their most popular apps including Installous and AppSync. This is likely a diminutive success against app piracy.
Hackulous, though, failed to tell any solid reason behind their shut down yet it told that it’s generally due to inactive forums and the huge trouble to moderate them. However, the reason what they told seems far away from the ground realities as there was considerably massive activity at their forums. Notably, Hackulous is the most notorious site in the in the piracy world.
Hackulous team notes;
Goodnight, sweet prince.
We are very sad to announce that Hackulous is shutting down. After many years, our community has become stagnant and our forums are a bit of a ghost town. It has become difficult to keep them online and well-moderated, despite the devotion of our staff. We’re incredibly thankful for the support we’ve had over the years and hope that new, greater communities blossom out of our absence.
With lots of love,
It is a great loss for entire jailbreak community because Installous was the easiest and fastest mode to install jailbreak apps on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. At present Hackulous repo is down, that eventually leads to unavailability of downloading and installing Installous or AppSync anymore, the most significant apps essential to install cracked apps from third party pirate sites.
As we earlier described, this is just a small victory against app piracy in general. Now it is a challenge to other iOS hackers and developers to start from there where Hackulous stopped to offer updated versions of Installous and AppSync in the future.
App piracy is the biggest drive for which majority of iOS users jailbreak their iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Now we all are well aware that there is no untethered jailbreak for iOS 6, and more particularly no jailbreak for the iPhone 5 and it seems the best reason for which Hackulous has shut down.
It is bad news for Installous user because now they would have to spend $0.99 on the app. However, app developers would feel pleasure on hearing this news. And all iOS user would see it as a victory for iOS and an opening to shape an incredible developer community that would keep the creation of remarkable apps continue with full spirit.