- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 3 weeks ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 3 weeks ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 3 weeks ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 3 weeks ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 3 weeks ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 4 weeks ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 4 weeks ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 3 months ago
- Evad3rs Starts Work to Jailbreak iOS 7 Untethered on iPhone 5S/5: PlanetbeingPosted 3 months ago
- Important Highlights of Apple iPhone Media Event 2013Posted 3 months ago
How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 Untethered with PwnageTool 4.3 & Preserve Baseband!
You can now jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 untethered with PwnageTool 4.3 on iPhone 4/3GS, iPod touch 4G/3G, Apple TV & iPad 1G while preserving the old baseband to then unlock your device with Ultrasn0w. PwnageTool 4.3 is fully untethered iOS 4.3.1 jailbreak which means that you don’t have to boot your device into a tethered jailbroken state after every reboot.
This jailbreak is mainly based upon the exploit founded by Stefan Esser (iPhone Security Expert/Hacker) who demonstrated this iOS 4.3 untethered jailbreak on his iPod touch in a video.
Caution: If your iPhone does not rely on carrier unlock, we recommend you to use Redsn0w 0.9.6RC9 for iOS 4.3 untethered jailbreak.
Follow our tutorial below to jailbreak your iPhone 4/3GS, iPod touch 4G/3G, Apple TV & iPad 1G with PwnageTool 4.3 while preserving the old baseband for future unlock;
Now download iOS 4.3.1 .IPSW Firmware for your iPhone 4/3GS, iPod touch 4G/3G, Apple TV or iPad 1G.
Start PwnageTool 4.3, choose “Expert Mode” and then select your device;
Browse for the iOS 4.3.1 .IPSW you downloaded in Step-1;
Select “Build” to start building the custom iOS 4.3.1 firmware file.
Thus PwnageTool 4.3 will create the custom .IPSW file for your device to which is going to jailbreak right now.
You have to march further for entering in DFU mode; follow the instructions given bellow;
- Hold Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds
- Release the Power button but continue holding the Home button for 10 additional seconds
- Your device enters in DFU mode
Restore your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV or iPod touch to this custom firmware 4.1 file. Go for doing the following set of instructions please;
- Start iTunes; click the icon from the sidebar in iTunes.
- Press and hold left “Alt” button (“Shift” button on Windows) and then click on “Restore”.
- Don`t click “Update” or “Check for Update” button in iTunes and release the “Shift” button gently.
- iTunes prompts for selection of the location for custom firmware 4.3.1 file (Step-6).
- Select the custom .IPSW file and click “Open”.
You have almost done the job at your side. Now just relax, iTunes will do the rest for you. Don`t make any ridiculous move at this stage; just watch the process going on. iTunes will install the new firmware 4.3.1 on your iOS device, a progress bar indicates the installation progress.
Note: Your device will restart robotically just after the completion of installation process.
Congratulations: You have now a fully jailbroken iOS 4.3.1 device.
Unlock iOS 4.3.1 with Ultrasn0w 1.2:
Ultrasn0w 1.2 is still not working with iOS 4.3.1. Dev Team will soon release a new update for Ultrasn0w to unlock iPhone on iOS 4.3.1 on basebands 01.59.00, 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04, 06.15.00.
WARNING WARNING — ultrasn0w users don’t update yet! We need to first release an update to ultrasn0w that fixes some incompatibilities when FW 4.3.1 is used on the older basebands supported by ultrasn0w. And remember once we do fix ultrasn0w for 4.3.1 (we’ll announce it here and on twitter), you must only get there via a custom IPSW from PwnageTool, Sn0wbreeze or xpwn! Don’t ever try to restore or update to astock IPSW, or you’ll lose the unlock!