- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 weeks ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 weeks ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 4 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 4 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 4 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 4 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 4 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 6 months ago
Install/Flash Official Android 4.0.3 ICS ROM on Galaxy S II with Leaked TouchWiz! [Tutorial]
We have grabbed a leaked build of the official Android 4.0.1 ICS ROM for the Galaxy S II, just a few days ago. And now the official Touchwiz’d Android 4.0.3 ICS ROM has also been leaked accordingly. Here’s the full tutorial for installing/flashing this build on your Galaxy S II.
It was SamMobile - a blog that only covers Samsung related news, just informed about the leak of official Touchwiz’d Android 4.0.3 ICS ROM with a hands on video, screenshots and the whole matters about this leak along with a tutorial for how to install/flash it on your Galaxy S II handsets.
Actually, there is a pair of ROMs which have been leaked; Android 4.0.1 (build: XXKP4) and Android 4.0.3 (build: XXKP8). Our tutorial only tells how to install/flash Android 4.0.3 XXKP8 as this build was strongly recommended by SamMobile itself.
DISCLAIMER: This tutorial is only for educational purpose. We at Hitechanalogy shall not be held responsible for any lose data or malfunctioning of your device. So Proceed at your own risk.
Also not that it is a leaked build that is obviously much buggy so not a recommended one as daily usage. Only international version of the Galaxy S II are supported by this build and is not meant for the Epic 4G Touch, Skyrocket or other variants.
Don’t forget to have a backup of your important data as a precautionary measure.
How to Install/Flash Official Android 4.0.3 ICS ROM on Galaxy S II with Leaked TouchWiz! [Tutorial]
You have to download the following files, first of all:
- ODIN 1.83 [HotFile]
- Leaked Android 4.0.3 ICS XXKP8 [HotFile] (password: samfirmware.com)
Just Extract the ICS ROM. Put its contents to your desktop for easy access, as it would be required later in following up this tutorial.
Shut down Samsung KIES completely, if it is opened.
Now launch ODIN accordingly.
Then turn off your Galaxy S II device. After this, press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power while booting up to enter Download Mode.
Connect your Galaxy S II with computer via USB. ODIN will automatically detect it.
Now hit on PDA and select: I9100_CODE_I9100XXKP8_CL42141_REV02_user_low_ship. tar.md5 which you have earlier placed on desktop in Step 1.
Then click on PHONE and select: MODEM_I9100XXKP8_REV_02_CL1092599.tar.md5
Likewise, click CSC and select: GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXAKP8.tar.md5
Then tap on START.
ODIN will now begin to install/ flash the leaked ROM to your Galaxy S II. As your device restarts, unplug it from your personal computer.
Boom Boom! You have install/flash, a leaked build of Android 4.0.3 ICS with Touchwiz on your Galaxy S II….enjoy now.
For more information and eliminating doubts, head on to this thread on XDA!