- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 4 weeks ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 4 weeks ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 4 weeks ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 4 weeks ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 4 weeks ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 1 month ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 1 month ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 3 months ago
- Evad3rs Starts Work to Jailbreak iOS 7 Untethered on iPhone 5S/5: PlanetbeingPosted 3 months ago
- Important Highlights of Apple iPhone Media Event 2013Posted 3 months ago
iOS 4.3.1 Untethered Jailbreak [Video]
Stefan Esser, an iPhone Security Expert and Hacker, has uploaded a video on YouTube demonstrating iOS 4.3.1 untethered jailbreak on iPod touch 4G. It should be noted here that this is the same method as he used in past for iOS 4.3 untethered jailbreak. Release date for this iOS 4.3.1 untethered jailbreak has not been announced yet.
iOS 4.3.1 untethered jailbreak video is embedded below;
Read the official description of this video;
Meanwhile everyone should have noticed that my prediction became true and Apple released iOS 4.3.1 in order to fix the PWN2OWN vulnerability in Safari.
It was very unlikely that Apple also fixed the kernel vulnerability I used for my untether exploit. Mainly because the kernelcache binary is about 8-10 MB in size and the likelihood that Apple finds the same vulnerability in that short amount of time was very low.
However you never know until you try it. So this morning when I woke up and saw that Sn0wbreeze 2.4 beta was released I thought it would be fun to create a new video.
Unfortunately Sn0wbreeze does not work with my iPad 1 and so I had to test with my iPod 4G.
In the video you can see how I switch off the iPod, then restart it, show the version, show that it is tethered and has the multitasking gestures, i show that you can buy ringtones and then I show cydia and the ninja jump game from last time.
Because several people misunderstood me in the past:
a. I repeatedly stated that I will not release a jailbreak tool – I will only give out the untether. I did not try yet, but if it is feasible the untether could be a cydia package.
b. While the vulnerability I use is in the iPad 2 kernel my untether will NOT SUPPORT the iPad 2, because there is no way to install it there (bootrom exploits fixed). – however Comex is working on that part.
c. I am not giving out any ETA again, because the Jailbreak community is simply nuts. Last time I gave an ETA and even before that had passed I got constantly insulted by people that were demanding an immediate release. Sorry guys the more you insult people with the knowledge to actually do what YOU WANT the less motivation there is to use our free time to give it to you.
d. The only reason why I did not finish the untether before the ETA was due to unexpected work overload in my real job. It had nothing todo with the untether being too hard or unreal.
e. I don’t know why the dev team has not released a redsn0w that does tethered jailbreak for 4.3.1 – I would prefer that to be available, cause sn0wbreeze obviously does not work 100% yet.
f. If you want to learn more about iPhone kernel hacking/exploitation you should come to SyScan Singapore at the end of April.http://syscan.org/index.php/sg/program
You can follow our these tutorials for iOS 4.3.1 tethered jailbreak;
- Sn0wbreeze 2.4 Tethered iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak [Tutorial]
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 with PwnageTool on iPhone 4, iPod touch 3G/4G & iPad!