- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 1 week ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 weeks ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 4 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 4 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 4 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 4 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 4 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 6 months ago
iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak Successfully Tested on iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 3G/4G, iPad 1 and Apple TV 2! pod2g
We know it well that all you guys belonging to Jailbreak community are waiting anxiously for an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5/5.0.1; here is something satisfactory for you. Pod2g, has successfully tested his upcoming iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak on iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 3G/4G, iPad 1 and Apple TV 2 and now it is just to release at any time.
This good news comes directly from pod2g’s official blog; no need to say about pod2g, a well known iPhone hacker and developer famous for his exploitspod2g. On the blog he disclosed that he has tested his untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 on almost all iOS devices except iPhone 4 CDMA iPhone 4S and iPad 2.
It means that pod2g’s untethered iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak efficiently works on the said devices and the hacker has completed his work, can release it at any moment after some necessary cosmetic changes.
Pod2G’s Official Blog notes:
IPhone 3Gs 5.0.1 jb worked.
Remaining to test: iPod 4G & iPhone 4 CDMA running 5.0.1.
Also, I’ve tested iPad 1 and it worked.
Now the time to finalize the jailbreak for old devices, fix some stability issues and package the whole.That will take some days.
In the meanwhile, I’m starting the research for iPad 2 and 4S. I’ll take you informed of my progress.
On the basis of all posts,tweets and expert opinions, the current state of iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak on various iOS devices is:
- iPod touch 3G on iOS 5.0.1
- iPhone 4 (GSM) on iOS 5.0.1
- iPhone 4 (CDMA) on iOS 5.0.1 (Not Tested Yet)
- iPad 1 on iOS 5.0.1
- iPhone 3GS on iOS 5.0.1
- iPod touch 4G on iOS 5.0.1 (Not Tested Yet)
- Apple TV on iOS 4.4.3 (Not Tested Yet)
- iPhone 4S and iPad 2 (Not Tested Yet)
We hope that pod2g would do his best to make this iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak workable for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 as per his promise, but after the release of latest work.
pod2g’s untethered jailbreak for iOS 5/5.0.1 might be based on either a user-land or a kernel based exploit. Notably, all these exploits are software-based, and Apple can patch the exploit by releasing an update to iOS, once the company’s engineers discover it accordingly.
For those who don’t know the whole story; a few days earlier the same guy demoed us Untethered iOS 5 jailbreak through a video and now he confirms that the jailbreak works on iOS 5.0.1 as well. Keep following us and we will update you whenever pod2g releases the untethered iOS 5 jailbreak tool with complete tutorials for Windows & Mac users.
It should be also noted here that tethered & semi-tethered iOS 5 jailbreaks via Redsn0w / Sn0wbreeze are currently available for us. If you can’t wait for the untethered iOS 5 jailbreak and want to jailbreak your devices now, follow our one of the tutorials listed below;
- New Sn0wbreeze 2.8b8 to Jailbreak iOS 5 [Step-by-Step Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 5 Semi-tethered on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with BigBoss Cydia Tweak!
- New Universal Redsn0w 0.9.9 Update to Jailbreak All Firmwares [Tutorial]