Which iOS Devices Can be Downgraded from iOS 6 to iOS 5? iPhone Dev Team
Most famous group of jailbreakers ‘iPhone Dev Team’ has recently posted an article on their blog titled “Blob-o-riffic”, which provides details about which iOSdevices can be downgraded from iOS 6 to iOS 5.
The team clearly warns the users of iPhone 4S, iPad 3 (and some iPad 2) not to upgrade their devices to new iOS 6 since those would not find them able to downgrade to iOS 5.1.1 once Apple stops signing iOS 5.1.1 and will surely fixed until a jailbreak for iOS 6 comes to the surface.
However, iPhone Dev team also described that iOS 5.x.x restore process is full of various severe dearth enduringly usable in the iOS firmware file allowing users to re-restore their iOS device to iOS 5.x even after Apple discontinues signing the iOS 5.1.1.
iPhone Dev team promised for releasing a new version of Redsn0w capable of downgrading from iOS 6 to iOS 5 version with new re-restore functionality.
The Dev team also discussed a number of scenarios for different iOS devices in context with downgrading process.
- A4 devices and 3GS will always be downgradable (and jailbreakable) due to limera1n. The tethered iOS6 jailbreak for those devices (and untethered for old-bootrom 3GS) will be out when Cydia and other important pieces are all working properly.
- iPad2 owners who have both 4.x blobs and 5.x blobs will always be able to downgrade to those versions, even once you come up to 6.0 and the 5.1.1 window closes (don’t do that yet though!). You need both 4.x and 5.x blobs to qualify for the downgrade even if you only wish to downgrade to 5.x.
- iPad3, i4S (and iPad2 owners who don’t satisfy #2) will always be able to RE-restore the current 5.x OS that’s already on their device. So if you’re at 5.1.1 when the window closes (and you’ve saved your blobs), you’ll always be able to RE-restore to 5.1.1 again. This makes the 5.1.1 jailbreak a lot less fragile — you don’t have to worry about messing up your install with funky extensions or getting into a boot loop, because you can always RE-restore from 5.1.1 to 5.1.1 again (or from 5.0.1 to 5.0.1 again, etc). But once you fall off the 5.x train by restoring to 6.x, you’ll be stuck there until the next jailbreak.
We conclude the whole theme of the post in following simple words;
- iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS users would be able to downgrade, after saving their SHSH blobs, using Redsn0w. Moreover, the team will launch a new version of Redsn0w that allows users to jailbreak (tethered) iOS 6 once the issues with Cydia and modules like PreferenceLoader are resolved.
- If iPad 2 have both the iOS 4.x and iOS 5.x blobs saved on their devices, will able to downgrade to iOS 5.x only if they have both the iOS 4.x and iOS 5.x blobs.
- iPad 3, iPhone 4S and iPad 2 (without iOS saved iOS 4.x and iOS 5.x blobs) users not upgraded to iOS 6 will be able to re-restore to the present iOS 5.x firmware that is installed on their device. The ability to re-restore will make it a little less hectic to keep continue with jailbroken iOS 5.x.
We strongly recommend our readers to save their SHSH blobs just after reading this post before Apple discontinues signing iOS 5.1.1. Folks new to jailbreak process can follow our tutorial on how to save SHSH blobs using TinyUmbrella.
- downgrad os6 1 to 5 1 1
- possible to upgrade ipad2 from os5 to os6 with shsh
- iphone restore os 6 to ios 5
- how to revert from os6 to os5 ipad
- how to restore iphone 4s afer installing 0s6
- How to downgrade iphone os6 to os 5
- how to change from os6 to os5 on iphone 4s
- downgrade os6 to os5 on iphone 3gs
- downgrade os6 to os5
- downgrade iphone4 from os6 to os5