- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 3 weeks ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 3 weeks ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 3 weeks ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 4 weeks ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 4 weeks ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 1 month ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 1 month ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 3 months ago
- Evad3rs Starts Work to Jailbreak iOS 7 Untethered on iPhone 5S/5: PlanetbeingPosted 3 months ago
- Important Highlights of Apple iPhone Media Event 2013Posted 3 months ago
iPhone Dev Team to Jailbreak iPad 3 on iOS 5.1 with Entirely Different Method!
The iPhone Dev-Team has just announced that they are close to jailbreak iPad 3 on iOS 5.1 so buyers shouldn’t to update iOS 5.1. They also claimed that they have discovered three possible methods for jailbreaking iPad 3 that would be entirely different from i0n1c’s jailbreak for iOS 5.1 (just announced) and would also not be based on Pod2g’s exploits discovered earlier in jailbreaking of iPhone 4S and iPad 2 in Absinthe.
Here’s an excerpt of their post to know what they have actually said about their upcoming jailbreaking tool for iPad 3 on iOS 5.1.
● We can confirm that the method used to jailbreak the iPad2 4 months ago still works even in 5.1. That means we’ll at least be able to get our foot in the door to get the required kernel dumps on the iPad3. That’s an important step, but by no means is it the end of the story.
● Those of you following @i0n1c may have noticed he’s already tweeted pictures of his iPad2 jailbroken at 5.1. As far as we know, he’s using a method completely unrelated to the one mentioned above. That would be great news!
● We’ve also seen bits and pieces of an entirely different jailbreak method being investigated by someone close to the Cydia repo scene.
● That’s three different angles, and we’re not even including the continuous work @pod2g makes towards a new jailbreak!
The folks who have an iPad running older versions than iOS 5.1 should avoid updating to iOS 5.1 and contact the iPhone Dev-Team for help and info.
Via: iPhone Dev Team