Jailbreak iOS 4.1 iPhone 3G with Redsn0w [Mac][Complete Guide]
As we are well familiar with RedSn0w and know it as a very powerful and beneficent tool developed by IPhone Dev for Jailbreaking. Now the same developer has released next version called as RedSn0w 0.9.6b1 which is for jailbreaking iOS 4.1for IPhone 3G devices. Here is the complete guide which provides you all necessary information to jailbreak iOS 4.1 on your iPhone 3G device. We tried our best to use very simple language so that you might be able to do jailbreak iOS 4.1 easily.
Before proceeding further, I think that you should be well familiar to the following points that are quite necessary to be in your mind for before jailbreaking .
- There is a strong chance that the said jailbreak voids your Warranty, so persue with care.
- Take a Back-up of your iPhone firmware. It is very important so don`t forget it buddies.
- Also note that this step-by-step guide to jailbreak iOS 4.1 is only for Mac users. Presently Windows version of Red Sn0w is not available .You can try Sn0wbreeze for that if you are using Windows on your iPhone.
- If You also want to unlock your iPhone too then avoid to use RedSn0w since it does not allow unlocking iPhone 3G. A combination of Ultrasn0w & Sn0wbreeze ( for protection of baseband) will be a suitable package.
- It should also be kept in mind that RedSn0w doesn`t activate your iPhone 3G, iTunes can do this service fairly.
- Please ensure that iTunes 9.2 or later version is running on your iPhone 3G
- It is also important to know that RedSn0w is not workable for iPhone 3Gs & iPhone 4.
Now come to the main point, yes of course, jailbreaking iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G.
Please carefully follow the Tech – to –Tech guide given here for your pleasure and convenience.
Tech. 01: Download the new and latest version of RedSn0w and save the app in a folder “Pwnage” on your desktop.
Tech. 02: Then download the latest iOS 4.1 firmware file (iPhone1,2_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw) and store it in the same folder as described earlier.
Tech. 03: Now Extract the RedSn0w zip file to Pwnage folder by double click action
Tech. 04: Then connect your device (iPhone 3G) to computer that automatically launches iTunes for further proceedings.
Tech. 05: “Devices “section is there on left pane of iTunes, select iPhone 3G from it. Now click “Restore” button by holding down the option key.
Tech. 06: Now select the Pwnage folder from your desktop which already has iOS 4.1 firmware file (iPhone1, 2_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw). click “Choose” button that allows iTunes to update your iPhone with this firmware.
Tech. 07: Again open the same Pwnage folder and launch RedSn0w application.
Tech. 08: Now select the corresponding .ipsw file as asked by you. Browse & select the required iOS 4.1 firmware file (iPhone1,2_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw).
Tech. 09: RedSn0w will take some time to verify the asked firmware file and accordingly informs you if it is verified successfully. Click “Next” button to go ahead.
Tech. 10: RedS0w now will organize the vital data required for jailbreaking.
Tech. 11: Now you will be asked to select jailbreak options. You can check the following ones; some may have been already selected by default.
- Install Cydia
- Enable Multitasking
- Enable Homescreen Wallpaper
- Enable Battery percentage
Tech. 12: Select “next “after filling check boxes as shown above. You will be again called to Switch Off your iPhone 3G and connect it to your computer. Follow the instructions asked to you & then click “ Next” for further processing.
Tech. 13: Now put your iPhone 3G into DFU mode; RedSn0w will lead you to further proceedings;
- Hold down the power button on iPhone 3G for two sec.
- At the same time, now also hold down” Home” button of your iPhone 3G button and keep the both buttons pressed for ten sec.
- Release the Power Button while keeping Home button pressed, RedSn0w now goes for verifying the device.
Tech. 14: After this technique, reboot your iPhone 3G.
Tech.15: RedSn0w now uploads the new RAK & Kernel.
Tech. 16: A notification will be prompted once the whole process had been completed accordingly. Click”Finish” button & exit the process.
Tech. 17: Finally reboot your iPhone 3G again, it may take a few minutes.
Yahoooooooo! You have successefully jailbroken your iPhone 3G.
I am sure that this guide will help you for jailbreaking iOS 4.1 on your iPhone 3G. Please don`t forget to give your response in the Comments box.Jailbreak, Redsn0w