- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 1 week ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 weeks ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 4 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 4 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 4 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 4 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 4 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 6 months ago
Jailbreak iOS 4 iPhone 3GS 3G with Sn0wbreeze 1.6 [Complete Guide]
Wow! Sn0wbreze has been released like a pleasant breeze on snow. The developer is the same as for other hit iPhone jailbreak tools e.g. f0recast, BlackBreeze or sn0wbreeze for iPhone 3.1.3. It’s a very fine tool just like Pwnage Tool for Mac. It is capable to jailbreak iPhone 3G & iPhone 3GS (3rd Generation ) & iPod touch 2G.
If you have a Windows operated device, you can install Sn0wbreze 1.6 to produce custom firmware files (microcode) without upgrading the baseband. It supports only the following devices again just like Pwnage Tool 4.0/4.1 versions.
- iPhone 3G & iPhone 3GS ( already jailbroken with some software except Spirit/Old BootROM)
- iPod touch 2G (Non Mac Model)
You can jailbreak your said devices by following the instructions given bellow;
Tech 1. Download & Install the latest version of iTunes.
Tech 2. Start iTunes & Sync. Your iPhone with your computer so that it is available to Back-up your necessary required data such as app, settings, contacts, photos and music.
Tech 3. Download Sn0wbreeze & original version of iOS 4 firmware compatible to your iPhone 3G/3Gs or iPod touch 2G ( “Important Links” at the end). Set all files on your desktop.
Tech 4. Now start sn0wbreeze & then select “Simple Mode”.
Tech 5. Sn0wbreeze now asks you to go for browsing your .ipsw file. Select the iOS 4 firmware .ipsw file carefully by clicking the “Browse” button.Sn0breeze verifies the selected file and the opens following screen in front of you.
Tech 6. Sn0wBreeze asks you for doing jailbreak “Do you want to activate your iPhone? “ ; click “Yes” tab. If you are working on officially supported carrier (AT & T), then click “NO”.
Tech 7. Now Sn0wbreeze creates a custom.ipsw file for your device (iPhone/iPod touch) that will be jailbroken.
Tech 8. The next process is to “Restore” your device to this Custom firmware 4.0 that you have just cooked using Sn0wbreeze 1.6 on your device. For this purpose, click on your device from sidebar in iTunes a& then (PRESS +Hold) left “Shift” button on the keyboard , then click on “Restore” tab, do not click “Update” or “check for update” button in iTunes, and then release the “ Shift” Button. It prompts iTunes to select the location of your custom firmware 4.0. Select it and then click on “Open”.
Tech 9. Now relax that the work has been almost done. iTunes does the rest of work for you. There will be a series of automatic steps but do nothing at this stage. Watch the whole process patiently. Itunes installs the latest iOS 4 on your device. Meanwhile, Your device`s screen shows “Installation in Progress” bar so nothing to worry about. Just after the completion of “installation Process” your device will be restart automatically.
Congratulations: Now you have a completely jailbroken device running on iOS 4.
Tech 10. Now unlock your device( iPhone 3G/3Gs or iPod touch 2G) on iOS 4 through Ultrasn0w 0.93 version here.
Tech 11. After you have completed unlocking and jailbreaking process on your device, “Restore” all your settings, apps, music, photos and contacts to new iOS 4 by restoring the back-up that you made in second step from iTunes.
Do not hesitate to ask any question on jailbreaking. We will provide you complete guidance about it.
The “Important Links” are;
- Download .NET Framework 3.5 ( For running Sn0wbreeze)
- Download Sn0wbreeze 1.6/1.6.1 for iOS 4 (Windows only)
This step-by-step guide has been written here for your convenience only. Do the whole process at your own risk since we are not responsible for any damage to your device firmware or malfunctioning.
You can also read interesting tech articles;