- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 months ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 months ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 5 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 5 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 5 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 5 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 5 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 7 months ago
Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 on New iPad (iPad 3) by I0n1c [Photo]
While the folks were looking for Pod2g’s untethered jailbreak for iPad 3 on iOS 5.1.1, i0n1c (Stefan Esser) has pushed out an image of his iPad 3 running Cydia on the latest iOS 5.1.1 firmaware through a tweet recently made by him. It means that i0n1c has now jailbroken third generation iPad on iOS 5.1.1, just like his previous successful attempt of jailbreaking iPad 2 on iOS 5.1 but at present jailbreak community can do nothing except watching the snaps pushed by i0n1c since he never promised to release these jailbreaks to general public.
Whenever Apple launches a new iOS product, it creates stir in jailbreak community since its new hardware and corresponding latest iOS firmware both become a hard challenge for jailbreakers and developers to dig out an appropriate jailbreak tool for them. Since the release of Apple’s iPad 3 with new A5X processor, the dev teams are in search of discovering a new jailbreak tool for the device, but yet no one has pushed out any jailbreak for the new iPad – tethered or untethered.
Interestingly enough, the image pushed out by i0n1c shows an iPad 3 (AT&T), running iOS 5.1.1 and Cydia 1.1.6. But surely, the third generation iPad isn’t called ‘iPad 3’ officially, instead it is named as ‘new iPad’ that’s why i0n1c explained himself, “You have to blame Saurik for the AT&T stuff in Cydia. He wrongly calls iPad3,3 the iPad3 AT&T”
Esser didn’t promised to release the jailbreak for iPad 3 on latest iOS 5.1.1 as usual, however, we hope that he would change his mind at any time and push out the required and well anticipated iPad 3 jailbreak for the users of the new tablet. iPad 3 acquires all beauties and charms except a proper jailbreak tool for it.
Majority of the popular dev teams has updated their jailbreak tools for braining tethered jailbreaks to A4 based devices, however, the community still looking for a flawless untethered jailbreak on universal levels like Corona and Absinthe.
On the other hand, Pod2g didn’t utter even a single word about whether the exploits discovered by him for iOS 5.1 untether still works on iOS 5.1.1 or not.
We are following each and every bit of jailbreaking scenario especially a jailbreak tool for iPad 3 and as it hits the surface, we will surely inform you in no time. Stay tuned with us.