- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 months ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 months ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 5 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 5 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 5 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 5 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 5 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 7 months ago
Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 Using Redsnow on iPhone 4/ 3GS and iPod touch 4G [Tutorial]
Apple has issued the full and final version of iOS 6.1.3 with a number of bug fixes and improvements over the previous release. However, for jailbreakers who want to customize their iOS devices through jailbreaking are quite unhappy with new iOS 6.1.3 update as Apple has patched the Evasi0n untethered jailbreak exploits for iPhone 5 and other newer devices through this update, as announced by the company .
Thus if you unintentionally updated to 6.1.3, there is no way to jailbreak your device untethered now. Moreover, you can’t downgrade to older firmware that makes it a more serious matter. But luckily, if the owners of older A4 powered iOS device can still go for a tether jailbreak iOS 6.1.3, through this easy to follow tutorial right now.
We hereby confirm that you can jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 tethered on your A4 based iOS devices including iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 4G with latest version of Redsn0w jailbreak tool if you follow the tutorial exactly.
Sadly enough, as already described above, the newer devices like the iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad and iPod touch 5th-generation cannot be jailbroken with Redsn0w even tethered on iOS 6.1.3.
So we strongly recommend that people running iOS 6.1.2 must not update to iOS 6.1.3, otherwise you will ruin your untethered jailbreak.
This tutorial is meant for pre-A5 powered iOS devices only, accidently updated to 6.1.3, or for Apple developers who want to test their tweaks and apps on 6.1.3 for any untethered jailbreak coming in future.
iOS Devices Compatible with Redsn0w Jailbreak:
- iPhone 4, iPod touch 4, iPhone 3GS
- Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 [Windows / Mac]
- iPhone 4/3GS, iPod touch 4th-gen running iOS 6.1.3 final. Download iOS 6.1.3 from our Resources Page.
- iOS 6.0 IPSW. Download iOS 6 from our Resources Page.
It should be realized that this would be a tethered jailbreak and will ask you to plug your device into your PC to reboot your device.
Step 1: First of all download the original iOS 6.0 firmware from the link given above.
Step 2: Then, download and install Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 and run it. Download links are provided above.
Step 3: Click on the Extras button and opt for Select IPSW. Point Redsn0w to the unmodified iOS 6.0 IPSW you have already downloaded in step 1.
Step 4: Now, from Redsn0w’s main screen, just click on Jailbreak and pursue according to the on-screen instructions. When prompted, select to install Cydia.
Step 5: Finally when you are asked, enter DFU mode through the Redsn0w wizard.
If you do the whole process exactly what you are asked to do, Redsn0w will do the rest itself quietly: jailbreaks your device with Limera1n exploit and installs Cydia for you to install and run third-party tweaks or apps. This process would complete within less than 5 minutes.
As we have already told you, this is a tethered jailbreak, and your device will be fixed on the frightening Apple logo if it reboots or is powered off. To boot it into the jailbroken mode again; just connect your device to your computer or Mac, launch Redsn0w, click on Extras and click on the Just Boot option, that’s all.