- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 months ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 months ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 5 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 5 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 5 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 5 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 5 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 7 months ago
Leaked iOS 6 (Beta) Hardware Exposes Details of iPhone 5
Apple is likely going to reveal its latest iOS update-iOS 6 in WWDC 2012 commencing from June 11. 9to5Mac just posts a report based on the leaked beta version of iOS 6 hardware which exposes all necessary details of next generation iPhone 5. The site reports that the device would run iOS 6 with Darwin Kernel Version 13.0.0, while the processor would be an ARM S5L8950X.
Darwin Kernel Version 13.0.0: XXX May XX XX:XX:XX PDT 2012; root:xnu-21XX.X.XXX/DEVELOPMENT_ARM_S5L8950X
Interestingly, that is a full release above the most current developer version of MAC OS 10.8 Mountain Lion. The XNU build is also higher (21XX vs 2050.5.8):
Darwin Kernel Version 12.0.0: Tue May 8 17:30:17 PDT 2012; root:xnu-2050.5.8~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Moreover, the site reports that Samsung 5L8950X ARM processor is a boasted version of the S5L8940X mounted on the iPhone 4 and the S5L8945X on the new iPad but further details are blurred at this stage.
It’s known as the “A5-***” internally (the last three characters were removed to protect their source). It’s not likely the final name but does suggest that the the next iPhone’s processor will still be a A5 processor rather than stepping up to A6; although, that is still uncertain.
Interestingly, the next phone will allegedly have a new GPU chip dubbed as “SGX543RC” with a1GB of RAM most likely.
Notably, the iPhone 5 used by their reliable source has the same Qualcomm baseband set up in the iPad 3 4G but this is expected to change.
“Our source indicated this might be because he/she does not need access to any new baseband that they might use. Moreover, the battery life is not a concern, because this unit must always stay plugged-in. We expect the final N41AP / iPhone5,1 to carry the latest Gobi chips. These chips should allow low-power voice/data on a variety of mobile networks, including China Mobile’s TD-LTE”.