- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 1 week ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 weeks ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 4 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 4 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 4 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 4 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 4 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 6 months ago
Leaked iPad 3 Photos: A6 Quad Core Processor, Wi-Fi, LTE Support!
According to a latest report from BGR, the site has received a couple of photos from an anonymous source which are supposed to be screenshots from Apple’s iBoot development and debugging software for the bootrom showing details on an iPad 3. The screenshots display references to the “J1″ and “J2″ code names, and suggests that the upcoming iPad 3 would really be equipped with a new A6 processor identified by S5L8945Xas model number.
For starters, the model numbers are J1 and J2 (iPad3,1 and iPad3,2), and while DigiTimes reported this a few weeks ago, these two models are not different devices, just a single iPad available in two versions — one with Wi-Fi only and one with Wi-Fi and embedded GSM/CDMA/LTE for all carriers. Also included in the photos is, for the first time, confirmation of which processor Apple will be using in the iPad 3: an A6 processor with model number S5L8945X. For reference, the Apple A4 model was S5L8930X and the A5 is S5L8940X.
The report also claims that iPad 3 processor will be of a quad-core type; up from the dual-core processor currently being used in the A5 – based iPad 2 and iPhone 4S.
The said report also replicates some previous rumors by suggesting that iPad 3 also will support LTE alongside GSM and CDMA 3G networks.
The site didn’t utter even a single word on the reliability of the source, who handed over these photos to them photos, and iBoot output, howeve, if the photos are not fake then we should expect that iPad 3 will be a major upgrade to the Apple’s most popular tablets product line.