- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 3 weeks ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 3 weeks ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 3 weeks ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 3 weeks ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 3 weeks ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 4 weeks ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 4 weeks ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 3 months ago
- Evad3rs Starts Work to Jailbreak iOS 7 Untethered on iPhone 5S/5: PlanetbeingPosted 3 months ago
- Important Highlights of Apple iPhone Media Event 2013Posted 3 months ago
Now Redsn0w using Limera1n can jailbreak iPhone, iPad, iPod and Apple TV
We have already admired Limera1n in our previous posts and named it as “MAJT-Master of All Jailbreaking Tools” due to its great abilities for jailbreaking and unlocking of iPhone 3G/3GS/4, iPad, iPod 2G/3G/4G and Apple TV 2G .Now Redsn0w plus Limera1n jailbreak for almost all iOS devices (except iPod 2G-MC) has been exclusively released by iPhone Dev Team. It is a great combination of two hacks which presents Redsn0w using Limera1n exploit for jailbreaking iOS devices and can restore custom firmware IPSW.
iPhone Dev team has announced that they have not only succeeded to incorporate Limera1n in Redsn0w but also can deliver some new features to their users with this hodgepodge. They expressed their work in following words;
- custom bootlogos for iPhone3G/iPhone3GS/iPod2G users (with qualifying bootroms)
- an option that implements the “DFU” button in PwnageTool. This button (which you can use from Windows) lets you prepare your device for a custom DFU. Even if you’re purely a Windows user, you can get a trusted friend to run PwnageTool over your IPSW to create a custom IPSW. You can now install that custom IPSW on your own Windows box, after you run this redsn0w version.
Windows users who have already run Redsn0w by choosing “Just enter pwned DFU mode right now”, are completely at risk. If you have run iTunes with a custom IPSW from PwnageTool (selecting shift+ restore), have made their devices jailbroken and iTunes has been restored to a custom firmware. Well done!
If you have still some reservations and are shy to some extant then please don’t go for putting your devices at risk by unlocking it with a firmware upgrade. Just hold up and wait for some more easy to handle tweaks instead of this latest version of Redsn0w to jailbreak for iPhone, iPad, iPod and Apple TV.
Latest version of RedSn0w (0.9.6b2) can easily be downloaded from following links.
● Windows (mirror)