- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 weeks ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 weeks ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 4 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 4 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 4 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 4 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 4 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 6 months ago
New Redsn0w Will Use iOS 5 SHSH Blobs for Downgrading: Save Them Now! MuscleNerd
We have just come to know that a new version of Redsn0w coming soon that would allow you to use iOS 5 SHSH blobs for downgrading purpose. Here’re the details of the whole story, after a short break.
We picked the news from non except iPhone Dev Team’s prominent iPhone developer and hacker “MuscleNerd” through his twitter page. A set of his recent tweets revealed that an upcoming version of Redsn0w coming soon making you capable of using iOS 5 SHSH blobs for downgrading.
For our new buddies in jailbreaking segment, SHSH blobs (Signature HaSH blobs) are pushed out by Apple to stop the users of their iOS device from downgrading to older versions of iOS. These blobs grasp the full details about which version of iOS users can reinstate to and which can’t. Notably, once Apple stops signing a firmware, you can’t restore it, meaning downgrade, unless you have the saved SHSH blobs for that particular firmware for which Apple stops Apple stopped signing it.
Let’s consider Apple’s latest iOS 5 firmware, only iFaith is available to downgrade devices on iOS 5.x, however, the new Redsn0w version promised by MuscleNerd today would also be another suitable downgrading tool for jailbreak community when it releases.
Upcoming redsn0w release makes both TinyUmbrella and Cydia blob saves useful for 5.0+ (1st verifies, then stitches)
For time being, please just use most recent TU to save 5.0.1 blobs+APTicket…redsn0w will do the rest, should you need to restore.
MuscleNerd also recommends the usage of latest version of TinyUmbrella to save iOS 5.0.1 blobs alongside APTicket. If you ever required downgrading it, you will be free to use these blobs afterward with the new version of Redsn0w.
Yet no ETA (Estimated Timeframe for Availability) for new Redsn0w has been announced by MuscleNerd, but we expect that the new one would be there for usage within a week. Remain in touch with Hitechanalogy; we would bring it for you as earlier as the latest version of Redsn0w gets released.
For your goodness, another famous iPhone hacker Pod2g has just shown us the well wished and most awaited untethered jailbreak for iOS 5 through a video without any release date announcement. Also, at present, we only aware of the fact that it is currently available for iOS 5.0 only and that it jailbreaks untethered, at least, on the iPod touch. We also expect that the pod2g’s untethered iOS 5 jailbreak would also work on iPhone 4S and iPad 2 devices which can’t be jailbroken on iOS 5 till now.