- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 1 week ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 weeks ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 4 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 4 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 4 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 4 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 4 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 6 months ago
Sixaxis Controller App to Use PS3 DualShock Controller to Play Games on Your Android [How to & Video]
Sixaxis Controller is really a killer app for Android users that allows them to use PS3’s controller to play mobile games right on their droids showing that Android users are equally able to get fun and delight from their Smartphones just like iOS devices. This fantastic app “Sixaxis Controller” has been developed by Dancing Pixel Studio that allows android users to pair their DualShock 3 controller with their droid to play games that support key bindings. Sixaxis is an app elite to rooted phones since it needs super-user access.
Dancing Pixel’s introduce their Sixaxis Controller in the following words;
Sixaxis Controller is an Android application which allows the Sixaxis and DualShock 3 Playstation controllers to be used as bluetooth input devices on many mobile phones and tablets. This enables the ultimate gaming experience to be had in a completely portable form factor.
Up to four controllers are supported at once, and key mappings are completely configurable, as well as the analog sticks, which are currently emulated as digital key presses.
It should be kept in mind that Sioxaxis Controller doesn’t work on all rooted Android phones as it uses a special Bluetooth protocol which isn’t available on most droids from HTC or some of the latest Samsung phones.
The hackers are in search of any way to bypass this particular protocol, however, at present you can install a custom ROM like CyanogenMod which supports the required Bluetooth protocol.
For the folks who are excited to install Sixaxis Controller app on their cute droids can check whether their phone supports Sixaxis Controller with the help of Sixaxis Compatibility Checker app from the link provided at the end of this post. If you find an error, it means that your Android set doesn’t support the said Bluetooth protocol.
On the other hand, if you find your Android compatible with the protocol, here is the step-by-step guide get it working.
Download and install the Sixaxis Controller from the Android Market.
Check its compatibility, if YES then download the Sixaxis Pairing Tool for Windows from here. Once installed and launched, a window prompts that has a line that reads Current Master: Searching.
Connect your DualShock 3 controller via USB to your computer and the text in Step 2 will change to a sort of code in the formatxx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx. Actually, it is the Bluetooth address with which the DualShock 3 controller is presently paired with.
Now you are required to find the Bluetooth address of your phone. It is there hidden inside theSixaxis Controller app. At the bottom, Local Bluetooth Address smiles for you. Enter this address into the desktop Pairing Tool. And once entered, click on Update.
Then disconnect the DualShock 3 controller from your PC and press the PS/Home button, the DualShock 3 controller would exactly be paired with your Android smartphone. Pressing left/right/up/down on the d-pad would show up in the app.
Finally, Tap on Change Input Method from inside the app and choose Sixaxis Controller.
Congratulations! Now you are quite able to play any games that support key bindings. Emulators like NESoid, PSX4Droid etc. support key bindings, try them to play games on your Android phone with a DualShock 3 controller. Folks having HDMI ready phones can connect their phones with a supported display to have a supreme gaming experience.
Via: Android Police