- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 months ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 months ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 5 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 5 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 5 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 5 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 5 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 7 months ago
New Sn0wbreeze 2.9.2 to Jailbreak iOS 5.1 while Preserving Old Baseband!
The iOS dev team, iH8sn0w, has just released the new Sn0wbreeze 2.9.2 to jailbreak the latest iOS 5.1 running A4 based devices i.e. iPhone 4/3GS, iPod touch 3G/4G & iPad 1.
iOS 5.1 jailbreak via Sn0wbreeze 2.9.2 would be a tethered one i.e. you’ll need to boot your iDevice in a tethered jailbroken state after every reboot. However, the advantage is based in the old baseband preservation feature of Sn0wbreeze 2.9.2 which will allow you to then unlock your device in the future simply by using UltraSn0w or Gevey SIM Interposer. It should be noted here that the current version of UltraSn0w is not compatible with iOS 5.1, but iPhone-Dev team hopes to soon release an update for UltraSn0w which would be compatible with the latest iOS 5.1 firmware.
Note Please: iOS 5.1 jailbreak via Sn0wbreeze 2.9.2 is meant for unlockers only who want to use their iDevice on any carrier. If you are not an unlocker, use Redsn0w 0.9.10b6 for iOS 5.1 jailbreak as that jailbreaking process is quite simple to follow.
If you want to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running the latest iOS 5.1 with the help of Sn0wbreeze 2.9.2, firstly download the said tool and the iOS 5.1 .IPSW firmware file from the links given below. Then proceed to our already written Sn0wbreeze tutorial as the jailbreak process is almost the same as described for the previous firmware version (just make sure to follow the tutorial from Step-2 and use iOS 5.1 firmware file in the perspective steps).
- Download Sn0wbreeze 2.9.2 for Windows
Here are the direct download links for iOS 5.1 firmware .IPSW file for your device;