- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 weeks ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 weeks ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 4 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 4 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 4 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 4 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 4 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 4 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 6 months ago
Sprint Confirms Unlimited Data Plans for iPhone 5 with or without LTE Feature!
Sprint earlier announced that it would continue offering unlimited data plans as it introduces its first LTE enabled device. Many tech analysts were predicting that Sprint would offer the same unlimited data plans for the next iPhone- iPhone 5 releasing in Sep-October, most likely.
Now, a latest report from CNet describes; sprint has confirmed unlimited data plans for next iPhone if it comes with LTE feature or not.
If the next iteration of the iPhone arrives with LTE, Sprint will continue to offer a no-strings unlimited plan, CEO Dan Hesse told CNET. The company is already sticking with unlimited for its first batch of LTE phones, but it was unclear whether the offer would apply to next iPhone.
“I’m not anticipating the unlimited plan would change by that point,” he said. “That’s our distinctive differentiator.”
The site also notes that by offering unlimited data plans for the iPhone 5, Sprint would easily manage to attract thousands of people towards it as unlimited data plans are much popular among smartphone users.
According to Sprint’s financial report for Q1 2012 posted toady, the company has sold out 44% of iPhone units to the customer who were new to the carrier.
As you know LTE feature provides highly boosted speed that enables customers to handle radically larger amounts of cellular data, however, at this stage it is not obvious whether Sprint is capable of continue offering unlimited data to LTE customers too.
Sprint is yet lacking of LTE feature as compared to other major U.S. carriers like AT&T and Verizon. It has offered WiMAX for its 4G technology and now doing its best to introduce LTE feature to its network in near future.