- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 3 weeks ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 3 weeks ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 3 weeks ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 3 weeks ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 3 weeks ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 4 weeks ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 1 month ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 3 months ago
- Evad3rs Starts Work to Jailbreak iOS 7 Untethered on iPhone 5S/5: PlanetbeingPosted 3 months ago
- Important Highlights of Apple iPhone Media Event 2013Posted 3 months ago
Update iPhone 3GS / 3G Baseband to 06.15.00 with Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 on iOS 4.2.1 Unlock [Guide]
iPhone Dev Team has just released Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 for iOS 4.2.1 to update your iPhone 3GS/3G Baseband to 06.15.00 enabling it to be unlocked with recent version of Ultrasn0w 1.2. It is equally workable for both Windows & Mac users to explode their iPad 06.15 baseband on iPhone 3G/3GS. Now, it has also the ability to fetch Baseband files directly from Apple.
Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 update is only for iPhone 3GS & 3G users running iOS 4.1 / 4.2.1 who rely on a carrier unlock. If you don’t rely on a carrier unlock should follow the instructions to jailbreak their iOS device on iOS 4.2.1 using Redsn0w 0.9.6b4 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad and iPod touch.
If you don’t desire to spoil your battery spark during flash procedure with Redsn0w, keep your Baseband continuously plugged into USB.
Read this Official Warning carefully before updating your iPhone 3GS/3G Baseband to 06.15.00 with Redsn0w.
- There is no way to come back down from 06.15, and there’s no hiding the baseband version from Apple. You’ll be voiding your warranty in a very obvious way.
- If some future baseband comes out with a critical fix, you won’t be able to update to it if it remains down in the 05.xx sequence (then again, you wouldn’t update to it if you wanted to keep your unlock anyway).
- Starting with FW 4.2.1 if you have 06.15 on your iPhone you won’t ever be able to restore to stock firmware (it will fail). You’ll need to only restore to custom IPSWs (then again, if you’re unlocker you should already be doing that).
Here is a complete guide that provides step-by-step instructions to update your iPhone 3G/3GS to 06.15.00 baseband enabling it to jailbreak on iOS 4.1 or iOS 4.2.1.
Step 1: First of all, download iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone 3GS / 3G.
Step 2: Now Update/Restore to iOS 4.2.1 microcode using the ipsw file which you have downloaded from iTunes 10.1.
Step 3: Start Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 and point it to iOS 4.2.1 microcode to jailbreak process.
Step 4: Now choose “Install Cydia” option & then “Install iPad baseband” (only available for iPhone 3G/3GS users only who rely on a carrier unlock definitely) option and hit “Next” to proceed further. Redsn0w fetches the exploitable 06.15.00 baseband from 3.2.2 microcode and changes its baseband in iOS 4.2.1 / 4.1.
Step 5: Now make it sure that your device is OFF & also PLUGGED IN to computer before hitting “Next”.
Now efficiently hold “Power” button & then hold “Home” button at the same time. Now after few seconds release “Power” button but don’t release “Home” button until installation starts accordingly.
Step 6: You have almost done your work; the rest part will be done by Redsn0w. Your device will restart automatically indicating that all is over and fine. You have jailbroken your device on the recent iOS 4.2.1 microcode with 06.15.00 baseband.
Direct Download links for Redsn0w;
Direct Download Links for iOS 4.2.1;
You can also check out the video guide here;
Stay tuned with your iOS 4.2.1 devices and Hitechanalogy to find more information about Jailbreaks & Unlocks for your devices.