- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 months ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 months ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 5 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 5 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 5 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 5 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 5 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 7 months ago
Verizon Wireless Financial Report for 1Q 2011: Verizon Activated 2.22 Million CDMA iPhone 4 Units in Just 07 Weeks!
After Apple’s 2Q 2011 financial report earlier pushed out today, USA best mobile carrier Verizon Wireless has also released its financial report for 1Q 2011 within the shortest time span of only 07 weeks (from Feb.10 to Mar.31 2011).
The Verizon statement reveals that the annual increase in services has been probed as 6.3 % on the basis of 1.8 million new customers including 906,000 retail postpaid net customer additions. The Verizon Financial Statement for 1Q 2011 report also reads; 22.3 % increase in data revenues alongside 25.8% rise in operating income margin.
Timothy Cook told analysts on a conference call yesterday that US iPhone sales grew 150 percent annually, meaning some 6.75 million units were sold in the US in the entire first quarter. So, Verizon’s 2.2 million iPhones plus the 3.6 million units activated on the AT&T network leaves about a million iPhones (or 950,000 units) in the US channel inventory.
These are the units either waiting to be activated or stocked. This estimate doesn’t take into account iPhone sales at third-party retailers like Walmart, Best Buy, Target and others which, of course, are also activated on either AT&T or Verizon network.
Another aspect of Verizon Wireless 1Q 2011 financial performance is its rate of selling iPhones which kissed a figure of 53000 units per day that is obviously higher than its competitor AT&T since the later one touched a selling rate of 40,000 units per day only. Amazingly, the combined share of activating iPhones for both Verizon Wireless & AT&T mobile carriers has been determined as 1/3 of the total 18.65 million iPhones sold our globally in this quarter.