- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 months ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 months ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 5 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 5 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 5 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 5 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 5 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 7 months ago
What about iPad 3 Jailbreak on iOS 5.1 with A5X Processor! An Initial Analysis
Apple iPad 3 has been announced with the launch date of March 16 with a new version of iOS-iOS 5.1. Now the jailbreak community is looking for an answer of a logical question “what about iPad 3 jailbreak on iOS 5.1?” Actually, iPad 3 will come with a new quad-core A5X processor, while the present jailbreak tools like Absinthe and Redsn0w are for A5 (iPad 2 & iPhone 4S) or A4 based iOS devices and will not be able to jailbreak new iPad 3. It will be a great challenge for iOS developers and hackers including Geohot, Comex, MuscleNerd, Posixninja, Pod2g and other jailbreakers to exploit iOS 5.1 on an A5X chip.
It should be noted that whenever Apple release a new product–iPad or iPhone its jailbreaking becomes harder than before since Apple just introduces a new chip and even a new iOS version to nullify all running jailbreak tools. The same thing is applied on new iPad 3…it will have a new quad-core A5X processor and a new iOS 5.1 version.
Here is an important note from GreenP0sion which was posted when the iPhone 4S/iPad 2 untethered jailbreak “Absinthe “was released.
The ridiculously complex combination of exploits-within-exploits that make this iOS jailbreak possible have consumed thousands of hours of brain-power & effort from a legion of world-renowned hackers, several of whom have been working diligently on this project since the dual-core A5 processor was unveiled by Apple last March.
At that point, I don’t know if any iOS hacker anticipated how much the A5 chip would completely change the game & up the stakes. The endless war we fight to jailbreak has become more & more difficult with each new device released, and our recent battle against A5 only proved this further.
For your info please, the jailbreakers and iOS developers took a long time to dig out any jailbreak tool for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 because both these devices were running on A5 processors contrary to older ones which have A4 processors.
The delay was also because of Apple’s new security features and new iOS 5.0.1 to keep jailbreakers away from using third-party apps on their iOS devices.
Even if iPad 2 and iPhone 4S owners upgrade to iOS 5.1, they would have to wait for a suitable jailbreak tool for jailbreaking their devices on new operating system.
However, for our goodness, both the Chronic Dev Team and iPhone Dev Team have made a “Dream Team” for collaborative work on digging out new exploits to jailbreak the iOS devices with complicated security set ups by Apple (the team introduced Absinthe Jailbreak tool for iPhone 4s and iPad 2 devices). We hope that the team will be preparing for the next challenge of “introducing jailbreak for iPad 3 on iOS 5.1”. Though the task is difficult but this team of high-class hackers can do it at any time.
However, many folks believe that Geohot has a working jailbreak for iPad 3 though he never discloses about it. Moreover, the new jailbreak exploit should be bootrom exploit (hardware based) rather than a userland jailbreak which can be easily patched by Apple with iOS updates.
Though it will take time, but hopefully we will finally be able to jailbreak iPad 3 on iOS 5.1 to install highly handy Cydia jailbreak apps on our new tablets.