- iPhone 6 Relaesing in July: Mizuho SecuritiesPosted 2 months ago
- OS X Has Same SSL Vulnerability Apple Patched in iOS 7.0.6Posted 2 months ago
- Foxconn Cuts Production of Apple’s Lower-cost iPhone 5C at Zhengzhou, ChinaPosted 5 months ago
- Apple to Buy 3D Body Sensing Firm “PrimeSense” for $345 Million: Next Gen iPad & iTV would Offer Kinect like FunctionalityPosted 5 months ago
- Here’s the Fastest Way to Charge the Battery of Your iPhone, Android or iPadPosted 5 months ago
- Some Retina iPad Minis Exhibit Image Retention Issue & Dull ScreensPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta 1 for Developers: Download NowPosted 5 months ago
- Apple Plans Large Curved Screen iPhones with Special New SensorsPosted 5 months ago
- New iPhone Air Concept Goes Viral: New Camera Module, 4.6 inch Retina Display, Color CustomizationPosted 5 months ago
- Download Final OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F37) to Improve Stability, , Compatibility and Security of Your MacPosted 7 months ago
Windows Phone will Knock Out iPhone by 2015! IHS iSuppli
IHS iSuppli is a well reputed company generally known for its highly reliable analysis on the performances of the electronic devices especially smartphones and tablets in the tech markets. Recently, the company has predicted that Windows Phone will knock out Apple’s iOS by 2015.
In IHS iSupply report, it is further explained why the company is predicting Windows Phone over iOS? Actually, it is Nokia’s strong support, which will help the Windows Phone in knocking out Apple’s iOS, that would place it at #2 following Android smiling at #1 by 2015. It should be noted that Nokia has lost its second position in mobile phone market due to rising competition from Google Inc.’s Android and Apple Inc.’s iOS.
The report claims that, by 2015, the Windows Phone will grab16.7% of smartphones shipped, quite up from less than 2% in 2011. Nokia’s support seems the major factor in boosting WP7 OS market share, according to the report.
“One of the hottest new products unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show was the Lumia 900, a Windows Phone-based smartphone sporting a flashy set of features that makes it competitive with the best alternatives offered by the Android camp,” said Wayne Lam, senior analyst for wireless communications at IHS. “This hot product represents Nokia’s first step to reclaim its market share. Combined with Nokia’s efforts to drive the development of the Windows Phone ecosystem, the Lumia 900 and its successors will help Microsoft to reclaim its No. 2 ranking in smartphone operating system market share in 2015.”
We think IHS iSuppli’s report doesn’t match with the ground realities. Only Nokia support will not enough for Windows Phone OS to beat Apple’s iOS since Apple is enriching its operating system with quite amazing and highly modern technologies to meet the requirements of the new tech era.