Apple has patched Limear1n in its latest iPad 2 version. It has been confirmed by a great iPhone developer and hacker iH8sn0w in his recent tweet. If you don’t know much about Limera1n; all available jailbreak tools at resent use Geohot’s bootrom based Limera1n exploit to jailbreak Apple’s iOS based devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV) on the latest firmware. As Limera1n exploit subsists in the hardware, only a hardware revision from Apple could have patched it.
Now iH8sn0w confirmed, Apple has patched Limera1n in the recently released iPad 2. It means that you will not be able to jailbreak it with the jailbreak tools until and unless the leaked SHAtter exploit is also not patched. However, if SHAtter is also patched by Apple, then someone would have to discover another bootrom exploit in the new hardware of iPad 2 for us to jailbreak it on iOS 4.3 operating system.
Stay tuned with Hitechanalogy, we will update you about each and every bit of jailbreak activities accordingly.
- Apple Has Also Patched SHAtter in iPad 2: iPhone Dev Team Confirms
- Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPod touch 4G using Shatter in Pwnage Tool [Video by iPhone Dev-Team]
- A Jailbreak for iPad 2? When Will the Next Generation iPad 2 be Jailbroken on iOS 4.3? SHAtter, Limera1n, Or GreenPois0n?
- Breaking! Comex Jailbreaks iPad 2 on iOS 4.3 [Video]
- SHAtter Exploit Can Also Jailbreak New Apple TV 2010