Today, Twitter is celebrating its 5th birthday as a grand soicial network on the web. Jack Dorsey, the co-founder of Twitter, was the first person who was honored to do very first tweet by Twitter exactly 5 years ago. That particular first tweet by Dorsey simply reads “just setting up my twttr,” which has been followed by some 30 billion 140-character-or-less thoughts as Twitter has launched into the upper echelon of consumer web companies.
Twitter’s present worth is touching the skies with about $10 Billion. The today’sTwitter is an improved and matured form of the Twitter actually launched five years before.
Masahble notes in it’s a recent special post to say Happy 5th Bithday –Twitter;
What does the next five years hold for the company? While rumors of an exit to the likes of Google or Microsoft persist, its executives maintain incredibly lofty ambitions, with recent sound bites including co-founder Evan Williams declaring that the service will get to one billion users, and CEO Dick Costolo comparing the service to an essential utility, like water.
We hope that Twitter will keep its momentum continue for providing us the newest breaking news about almost every field of life. Happy Birthday Twitter again!
- Twitter Again on Top: Twitter Rejoins Long-Lost Daughter to her Father after 11 years
- Today’s Twitter Problem: Twitter Goes Down and No One Can Access Twitter Now
- LinkedIn Touches the Milestone of 100 Million Users: LinkedIn Infographic Tells the Truth
- Apple’s Shares Become Sick with Steve Jobs Sickness
- Official Twitter for iPad Finally Unveiled! The Link is here