Remember the superb days of first generation iPad 3G’s arrival in the US market; it was definitely sold out unlocked at that time. Now the iPad lovers were in doubt whether Apple’s iPad 2 will be available unlocked for purchase or not. This doubt is due to the option of both two carriers AT&T and Verizon for iPad 2. Now MuscleNerd of iPhone Dev Team finally confirmed that 3G version of iPad 2 on AT&T will be surely sold out carrier unlocked in the US again.
Confirming iPad2 is carrier unlocked: http://is.gd/PAwtPX (same BB as iPhone…unlock status is in per-device “seczone”)
The iPad2 unlock status was completely expected, just confirming it for those who want to use T-Mobile instead of AT&T. Doesn’t apply to i4
You can watch an image of Apple’s iPad 2- 3G running on a T-mobile network instead of AT&T;
- Ultrasn0w 1.2 update to unlock iOS 4.2.1/4.1 on iPhone 3GS/3G [Guide]
- Verizon iPhone 4 Unlocked to Run China Telecom’s CDMA Network
- Unlock iOS 4 iPhone 3G and 3GS with Ultrasn0w 0.93 [Complete Guide]
- Dev Team to Unlock iPhone 4 Forever!
- Cricket: CDMA Verizon iPhone 4 Unlocked to Run On Cricket Wireless Network