Good News for all app developers who were missing the most important feature “Promo Codes” for apps at the Mac app store right from the day of its launching. Now the developers can generate promo codes for Mac apps in iTunes connect. The promo codes for Mac apps can also be redeemed in any Mac App store globally. Currently, the developers can request up to 50 promo codes for each version of their app.
The updated iTunes Connect Developer Guide reads:
You can now generate promo codes for your Mac apps in iTunes Connect. These promo codes can be redeemed in any Mac App Store worldwide. For each version of your app, you can request up to 50 promo codes.
The updated iTunes Connect Developer Guide further adds;
Promo codes can now be generated for Mac OS X apps and redeemed through any Mac App Store internationally.
If you are not familiar with promo codes: Promo Codes are used for promoting an app through contests, giveaways or presenting apps for review to journalists and bloggers. The developers are really thankful to Apple and appreciating the Apple’s support with glorious words as they have gotten the simplest way to prop up their apps in minimum time span.
Also Subscribe to our RSS Feed.
- Apple’s Mac OS X 10.6.6 GM Build 10J537 Update (Combo) for Developers
- How Much Apps Have Been Downloaded from Apples Mac App Store on First Day?
- Great! Apple Opens Mac App Store with 1000 Apps: CUPERTINO
- Download Updated Apple Remote App v2.1 with Airplay for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
- App Store Triumph: Apple App Store Hits 10 Billion Downloads