The iPhone Dev-Team has just updated RedSn0w to fix Bluetooth issues with the ‘Backup Plan’ untether effectively. This fifth beta version of Backup Plan is free from many bugs especially related to Bluetooth (testers ONLY please!). Now there is no problem of Bluetooth functionality on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch devices. iPhone Dev Team clearly prohibits the users to pirate 4.2b3 IPSW, only enrolled members in their program have a legitimate access to that IPSW file.
iPhone Dev Team Blog explains;
The fifth beta is now available (testers ONLY please!). Bluetooth is now working (and any sandbox-related issues should be resolved too). Please do not pirate the 4.2b3 IPSW! Only those enrolled in the iPhone Developer program have legitimate access to that IPSW.
There is actually a Windows version of beta5, but it’s excruciatingly slow compared to the Mac version because it’s forced to use files on your hard drive instead of RAM while it’s processing the very large IPSW images. It really is very very painfully slow, so we probably won’t be releasing it for testing purposes unless it can be sped up somehow.
You can download RedSn0w 0.9.7b5 from here right now. You can also follow our tutorial to use backup plan from here.
- Backup Plan Update: Download Redsn0w 0.9.7 Beta 3 to Kill More Bugs
- Backup Plan: How to use Redsn0w 0.9.7 Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1 [Tutorial]
- Windows Version of Redsn0w 0.9.7 to Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 (Untether) with iOS 4.1 Using Monte 4.1 Soon!
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.7 Beta 4: usbmuxd Process Eliminated, Windows Version is Imminent
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.7b6 Update Fixes Skype Issues, Ready for ‘Monte’ Back to Untether iOS 4.2.1Jailbreak